using apache::asp with mod_perl 2.0, under apache 2.0 win32

  • mrjaffa21
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2002
      For some time i've been using apache v1.3 + mod_perl 1.3 and
      apache::asp under win32. When Apache 2.0 was released I thought I
      would upgrade, due to the enhanced support under win32 environments;
      so I installed apache 2.0 which was pre-compiled and linked with
      mod_perl 2.0 support. I've copied the asp directives from apache 1.3
      httpd.conf file and pasted them into the apache 2.0's httpd.conf
      file. When I start apache 2.0, it complains that "PerlModule not
      allowed here", the directives im using are:

      PerlModule Apache::Registry
      PerlModule Apache::DBI
      PerlRequire "c:/apache2/conf/startup.pl"
      <Files ~ (\.asp)>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlModule Apache::ASP
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      PerlSetVar Global "c:/apache2/conf"
      PerlSetVar StateDir "c:/apache2/asp"
      </Files>

      I can find very little documentation on the matter, ive tried looking
      at http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-
      docs/dst_html/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#Code_Porting_from_1_x_t
      o_2_x, but it didn't really help me. Does anyone know how to get it
      working?

      --cbfikdehmdkecjjdbkln--
      ReSent-Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 15:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
      ReSent-From: Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@...>
      ReSent-To: asp@...
      ReSent-Subject: using apache::asp with mod_perl 2.0, under apache 2.0 win32
      ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0205051554020.30669@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2002
        mrjaffa21 wrote:

        > For some time i've been using apache v1.3 + mod_perl 1.3 and
        > apache::asp under win32. When Apache 2.0 was released I thought I
        > would upgrade, due to the enhanced support under win32 environments;
        > so I installed apache 2.0 which was pre-compiled and linked with
        > mod_perl 2.0 support. I've copied the asp directives from apache 1.3
        > httpd.conf file and pasted them into the apache 2.0's httpd.conf
        > file. When I start apache 2.0, it complains that "PerlModule not
        > allowed here", the directives im using are:
        >
        > PerlModule Apache::Registry
        > PerlModule Apache::DBI
        > PerlRequire "c:/apache2/conf/startup.pl"
        > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
        > SetHandler perl-script
        > PerlModule Apache::ASP
        > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
        > PerlSetVar Global "c:/apache2/conf"
        > PerlSetVar StateDir "c:/apache2/asp"
        > </Files>

        Try moving the PerlModule to outside the <Files> block.
        I ran into this problem too when getting mod_perl2 working just now.
        Note also that at least for now, Apache::ASP seems to only run
        fairly well when ThreadsPerChild is set to 1.