Re: ASP (the Real Thing)

  • Sven K√∂hler
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29 5:43 PM
      > I got like 5 -6 sites that are using REAL (M$) ASP how hard is it to
      > transfer it to Apache::ASP?

      :-)))

      you must be aware that you have to translate all VbScript and JScript
      stuff to Perl.

      if there's already Perl in use, you might think if "just copy and run"
      but that's only - let's say 50% of code.

      i can't guess anything more, cause there might be some database stuff
      etc. - or even ActiveX-Objects uswd within the Perl-code...

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29 5:45 PM
        Jeremy May wrote:

        > I got like 5 -6 sites that are using REAL (M$) ASP how hard is it to
        > transfer it to Apache::ASP?

        If they were using PerlScript under IIS/ASP, probably pretty easy.
        If they were scripted in VBScript, probably not so easy. If you stay
        on your Win32 platform with Apache::ASP, you can still use
        COM objects as before with the $Server->CreateObject() API.

      • Quentin Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29 7:19 PM
          Hi-
          That depends on what language the site was written in. MS ASP is a
          framework, not a programming language. If you used VBScript for the ASP
          site, then you will probably have to put a fair amount of work into
          transferring it. If, however, the site was written with PerlScript, it
          will be ridiculously easy to convert it for use with Apache::ASP.
          HTH,
          --Quentin

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29 8:33 PM