Re: Can't install DB_File-1.803 (for StateDB and CacheDB)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2002
      Fernando Munoz wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm working on Solaris 8 and the only optional module that I can't install
      > successfully is DB_File. The error tah I'm seeing is:
      >
      > version.c:30:16: db.h: No such file or directory
      > *** Error code 1
      > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'version.o'
      >
      > I already change '$LIBS = '-ldb'' to '$LIBS = '-lthread'' as is suggested
      > for Solaris.
      >
      > Any help will be appreciated.

      I am sorry if I did not get to this already ... while I do not have
      any recommendations for you on getting DB_File built on your platform,
      I can say that SDBM_File, MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File or GDBM are fine
      alternatives, so if you already have them working on your platform,
      I would give them a shot. MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File in particular
      tends to be faster when you are writing smaller bits of data to
      $Session & $Application, but does not have the limits on key/value
      size data that SDBM_File has.