using apache::asp with mod_perl 2.0, under apache 2.0 win32

  • mrjaffa21
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2002
      For some time i've been using apache v1.3 + mod_perl 1.3 and
      apache::asp under win32. When Apache 2.0 was released I thought I
      would upgrade, due to the enhanced support under win32 environments;
      so I installed apache 2.0 which was pre-compiled and linked with
      mod_perl 2.0 support. I've copied the asp directives from apache 1.3
      httpd.conf file and pasted them into the apache 2.0's httpd.conf
      file. When I start apache 2.0, it complains that "PerlModule not
      allowed here", the directives im using are:

      PerlModule Apache::Registry
      PerlModule Apache::DBI
      PerlRequire "c:/apache2/conf/startup.pl"
      <Files ~ (\.asp)>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlModule Apache::ASP
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      PerlSetVar Global "c:/apache2/conf"
      PerlSetVar StateDir "c:/apache2/asp"
      </Files>

      I can find very little documentation on the matter, ive tried looking
      at http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-
      docs/dst_html/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#Code_Porting_from_1_x_t
      o_2_x, but it didn't really help me. Does anyone know how to get it
      working?

      --cbfikdehmdkecjjdbkln--
      ReSent-Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 15:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
      ReSent-From: Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@...>
      ReSent-To: asp@...
      ReSent-Subject: using apache::asp with mod_perl 2.0, under apache 2.0 win32
      ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0205051554020.30669@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 27, 2002
          For the record, I have had the same problem, even when
          compiling from source. I concluded that it was not a
          Apache::ASP problem, but a mod_perl problem. If you
          don't get an answer here, you might try posting the
          same question to the mod_perl lists.

          Good Luck,

          Chris.

          --- mrjaffa21 <rrjameson@...> wrote:
          > For some time i've been using apache v1.3 + mod_perl
          > 1.3 and
          > apache::asp under win32. When Apache 2.0 was
          > released I thought I
          > would upgrade, due to the enhanced support under
          > win32 environments;
          > so I installed apache 2.0 which was pre-compiled and
          > linked with
          > mod_perl 2.0 support. I've copied the asp
          > directives from apache 1.3
          > httpd.conf file and pasted them into the apache
          > 2.0's httpd.conf
          > file. When I start apache 2.0, it complains that
          > "PerlModule not
          > allowed here", the directives im using are:
          >
          > PerlModule Apache::Registry
          > PerlModule Apache::DBI
          > PerlRequire "c:/apache2/conf/startup.pl"
          > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
          > SetHandler perl-script
          > PerlModule Apache::ASP
          > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
          > PerlSetVar Global "c:/apache2/conf"
          > PerlSetVar StateDir "c:/apache2/asp"
          > </Files>
          >
          > I can find very little documentation on the matter,
          > ive tried looking
          > at http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-

          docs/dst_html/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#Code_Porting_from_1_x_t
          > o_2_x, but it didn't really help me. Does anyone
          > know how to get it
          > working?

          > For additional commands, e-mail:
          > asp-help@...

        • Simon Oliver
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2002
            mrjaffa21 wrote:

            > When I start apache 2.0, it complains that "PerlModule not
            > allowed here", the directives im using are:
            Same problem here. Actually I only prototype stuff on my Win32 box so I'm
            not that worried but if you get a result please let me know.

            --
            Simon Oliver

          • Camilla Lumme
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2002
              I also had the same problem. Someone said it was because mod_perl was not
              compiled into the binaries. Suggested using a package found at links from
              perl.apache.org with Apache 1.3 and Apache::ASP and mod_perl and... I didn't
              want to do that, I like the installer and most important I don't like
              premade packages. And I like Apache 2. At chilisoft I found the developer
              version for free, but it doesn't work on '98. So, I went to PHP. Some weeks
              later I'm *very* happy about that decision. But if you get results, please
              tell me. Good luck!

              Message 6 of 6 , May 15, 2002
                mrjaffa21 wrote:

                > For some time i've been using apache v1.3 + mod_perl 1.3 and
                > apache::asp under win32. When Apache 2.0 was released I thought I
                > would upgrade, due to the enhanced support under win32 environments;
                > so I installed apache 2.0 which was pre-compiled and linked with
                > mod_perl 2.0 support. I've copied the asp directives from apache 1.3
                > httpd.conf file and pasted them into the apache 2.0's httpd.conf
                > file. When I start apache 2.0, it complains that "PerlModule not
                > allowed here", the directives im using are:
                >
                > PerlModule Apache::Registry
                > PerlModule Apache::DBI
                > PerlRequire "c:/apache2/conf/startup.pl"
                > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
                > SetHandler perl-script
                > PerlModule Apache::ASP
                > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
                > PerlSetVar Global "c:/apache2/conf"
                > PerlSetVar StateDir "c:/apache2/asp"
                > </Files>

                Try moving the PerlModule to outside the <Files> block.
                I ran into this problem too when getting mod_perl2 working just now.
                Note also that at least for now, Apache::ASP seems to only run
                fairly well when ThreadsPerChild is set to 1.