mod_perl 2.0 compatibility?

  • Philip Mak
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2001
      Is Apache::ASP compatible with mod_perl 2.0 and Apache 2.0? If so, are
      there any problems I should be aware of?

      I'm getting a new server and I'm thinking of playing with mod_perl 2.0.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2001
        Philip Mak wrote:

        > Is Apache::ASP compatible with mod_perl 2.0 and Apache 2.0? If so, are
        > there any problems I should be aware of?

        I am not sure whether Apache::ASP is thread safe, but probably
        would not take much work to get it that way. I have not set up
        mod_perl 2.0 and cannot vouch for it, but if you were to get
        it running, I would recommend Apache::ASP to run in the mode
        that has been mentioned where each thread has its own perl
        interpreter, that should at least be safe, as long as other
        core modues are like:

        Digest::MD5
        MLDBM::Sync
        MLDBM
        Data::Dumper

        I would believe all of these latter modules to be thread safe
        as well, but won't know until they are tried.