How is Apache::ASP comparable to ASP under IIS ?

  • homeup_99
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2002
      I have installed Apache on Windows 2000. I have uninstalled IIS.

      I need to know does Apache::ASp provide true ASP support? I mean will
      my ASP sites, which were working with IIS continue to work with
      Apache::ASP...does it support all Active Server Pages geatures,
      syntax etc. ?

      Thanks.
      -Saurabh

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2002
        homeup_99 wrote:

        > I have installed Apache on Windows 2000. I have uninstalled IIS.
        >
        > I need to know does Apache::ASp provide true ASP support? I mean will
        > my ASP sites, which were working with IIS continue to work with
        > Apache::ASP...does it support all Active Server Pages geatures,
        > syntax etc. ?

        Apache::ASP supports perl scripted ASP pages under Apache/mod_perl.
        This allows for PerlScript pages running under IIS to run under
        Apache with little or no modification.

        Chances are you have VBScript pages which will not run under Apache::ASP.
        If you are stuck with VBScript ASP, other options include commercial
        Apache modules from Chilisoft & Halcyon, or converting your scripts
        to PHP, please see http://www.asp2php.com