Re: Future versions

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21 7:24 PM
      "Ken Y. Clark" wrote:

      > On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Aaron Roberts wrote:
      >
      > > Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:34:46 -0000
      > > From: Aaron Roberts <aroberts@...>
      > > To: modperl@...
      > > Subject: Future versions
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I noticed that your "May be done" list on www.apache-asp.org
      > > mentions an interpreter for VBScript. I have been asked to setup a
      > > Linux based corporate website, though my developers insist on using
      > > VBScript and ASP.
      > >
      > > I realise that this is a bit of a time -wasting question, but how
      > > certain is the "May be done" list of to dos? - should I wait for your
      > > apache module to include VBScript support, or am I going to have to work
      > > with something like Sun's Chilli ASP for apache/linux ?

      Apache::ASP is written in perl, and the best that can be hoped
      for some some VBScript light eumaltion layer implemented,
      certainly we'll never see a full MS style implementation with
      all the classes & objects that go with VBScript on Win32 platforms.

      Ime Smits has provided a patch to Apache::ASP that enables some
      basic VBScript functionality posted to me privately, and we'll
      sure see at least basic VBScript support in Apache::ASP in the
      not too distant future, based on development time as it becomes
      available.

      If you really need VBScript support today on Unix, I would check
      out Chilisoft ASP & Halcyon's Instant ASP.