Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4

  • Tsirkin Evgeny
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2013
      The sourceforge is more current if I remember correctly
      (I was trying to participate in the project a year ago but eventually was not able to,
      hope I will have a chance...)
      Anyway ,I guess that to make it work for multiple Apache version you should just
      check for function being declared (exists or defined would do that)
      Evgeny

      On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) <andrew.koebrick@...> wrote:
      Sorry for the misdirected reply.

      I have changed all reference from remote_ip  to client_ip in the following Apache::ASP files on our system:
      Load.pm (1 occurrence)
      CGI.pm (2 occurrences)
      StateManager.pm (3 occurrences)

      That seems to have solved the problem.  I  hesitate however to post a patch since this fix is only good for Apache2.4 and I believe would break instances running on earlier version.  Perhaps a wiser programmer can add the appropriate server version checks in a conditional so that it will work appropriately for all versions of Apache.

      Thanks again for the reply.  Happy to see that people are still monitoring this list.  Incidentally, what is the current project home?  http://sourceforge.net/projects/apache-asp or http://www.apache-asp.org/?

      Andrew

      Message 2 of 7 , May 20, 2014
        Hi Andrew,

        Sorry for the ridiculous delay here! I was just looking at getting mod_perl +
        apache 2.4 running and it seems to be a work in progress still, and the latest
        status seems to be here dated April 2014:

        http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/201404.mbox/browser

        "The latest release of mod_perl doesn't yet support httpd-2.4, but we
        are working on it and getting close to making a new release that does.

        In the meantime you might like to try out the "httpd24threading" branch at

        https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24threading

        which is largely working and is what will (hopefully soon) become mod_perl-2.09."

        How did you get mod_perl working then with Apache 2.4, and do you in fact have a
        working installation?

        Josh Chamas
        Skol Labs LLC

        On 7/10/13 12:41 PM, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) wrote:
        > Sorry for the misdirected reply.
        >
        > I have changed all reference from remote_ip to client_ip in the following Apache::ASP files on our system:
        > Load.pm (1 occurrence)
        > CGI.pm (2 occurrences)
        > StateManager.pm (3 occurrences)
        >
        > That seems to have solved the problem. I hesitate however to post a patch since this fix is only good for Apache2.4 and I believe would break instances running on earlier version. Perhaps a wiser programmer can add the appropriate server version checks in a conditional so that it will work appropriately for all versions of Apache.
        >
        > Thanks again for the reply. Happy to see that people are still monitoring this list. Incidentally, what is the current project home? http://sourceforge.net/projects/apache-asp or http://www.apache-asp.org/?
        >
        > Andrew

      • Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT)
        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2014
          Josh,

          No problem regarding the delay. Yes I have a working installation. I am running:
          Server version: Apache/2.4.9 (Fedora)

          I fixed my install problem by changing line 85 of StateManager.pm to:
          $self->{remote_ip} = $r->connection()->client_ip();

          Good to see that there is action on the Apache::ASP front. I still have many websites running with a basic Apache::ASP installation (basically just to embed perl in HTML). And though I am in the process of migrating many to Drupal, it will be a while until I am done.

          I had to dig through my old email / postings to find this line. So if I misunderstood your question and sent the wrong tidbit, just let me know.