Re: POST not working

  • Sterpu Victor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2012
      I found a solution by adding "PerlSetVar RequestBinaryRead Off" to my apache config.

      On 15.01.2012 21:04, Sterpu Victor wrote:
      POST method is not working when I use Apache::ASP.
      My setup is like this:
      - global.asa
      use CGI;
      our ($cgi);
      sub Script_OnStart {$cgi = new CGI;}
      sub Script_OnFlush {}
      - Apache containts the following setup for ASP
      AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
      <Files ~ (\.cgi)>
           AddHandler perl-script .cgi
           PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      </Files>
      PerlSetVar Global /tmp
      - and my test script "test_post.cgi"
      <%
      use CGI;
      print "[1]test is ".$cgi->param("test")."<br>";
      print "
      <form action=test_post.cgi method=post>
      <input type=text name=test>
      <input type=submit>
      </form>
      ";
      %>
      When I run the script I should get the value of the test variable but $cgi->param("test") is always empty.
      GET method is working fine.
      How can I fix this?

      Thanj you.

    • Arnon Weinberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
        Thanks for this, ran into the same issue, and that fix worked perfectly.

        Note: This affects forms processed using CGI that are submitted with
        method="post" and enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" (the default).
        Using method="get" or enctype="multipart/form-data" does not cause the problem,
        so may be another solution for some.

      • Tsirkin Evgeny
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
          I am not sure ,but it looks like BinaryRead will just read STDIN/mod_perl buffer
          entirely into internal buffer .While getting multipart/form-data a CGI object
          is used to read a file upload.
          This is just an explanation ,is that OK ?I guess yes.
          Evgeny