POST not working

  • Sterpu Victor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2012
      POST method is not working when I use Apache::ASP.
      My setup is like this:
      - global.asa
      use CGI;
      our ($cgi);
      sub Script_OnStart {$cgi = new CGI;}
      sub Script_OnFlush {}
      - Apache containts the following setup for ASP
      AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
      <Files ~ (\.cgi)>
           AddHandler perl-script .cgi
           PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      </Files>
      PerlSetVar Global /tmp
      - and my test script "test_post.cgi"
      <%
      use CGI;
      print "[1]test is ".$cgi->param("test")."<br>";
      print "
      <form action=test_post.cgi method=post>
      <input type=text name=test>
      <input type=submit>
      </form>
      ";
      %>
      When I run the script I should get the value of the test variable but $cgi->param("test") is always empty.
      GET method is working fine.
      How can I fix this?

      Thanj you.
    • Sterpu Victor

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
          Thanks for this, ran into the same issue, and that fix worked perfectly.

          Note: This affects forms processed using CGI that are submitted with
          method="post" and enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" (the default).
          Using method="get" or enctype="multipart/form-data" does not cause the problem,
          so may be another solution for some.

        • Tsirkin Evgeny
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
            I am not sure ,but it looks like BinaryRead will just read STDIN/mod_perl buffer
            entirely into internal buffer .While getting multipart/form-data a CGI object
            is used to read a file upload.
            This is just an explanation ,is that OK ?I guess yes.
            Evgeny