Re: File upload problem / $Request->Form problem

  • D. L. Fox
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
      Probably not what is causing your scenario but...

      I once had a scenario similar to this and found the problem was in my
      HTML. I needed to use both "id" and "name" attributes for each element
      in the form. If I just used one or the other, it wouldn't pass any data
      for that element.

      Andrew Koebrick (ADM) wrote:

      > Any ideas on what could be botching or interfering with the Request object?

    • Andrew Koebrick (ADM)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
        It looks like I figured out my problem with the missing $Request->Form data. I have RequestBinaryRead set to "Off". Turning this off gives me content in $Reqest->Form, but it unfortunately seems to then break CGI.pm.

        I had ReqestBinaryRead turned off because of a different problem I was having back in 2004 with POST data truncation:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/asp@.../msg02159.html

        So it looks like at this point CGI.pm and Apache::ASP are at odds. Any thoughts on getting them to play well together?

        Andrew Koebrick

      • Warren Young
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
          Andrew Koebrick (ADM) wrote:
          > Any thoughts on getting them to play well together?

          The use of CGI.pm to construct file upload fields is a mere convenience.
          You can do the same thing by writing raw HTML. It's just uglier than
          the corresponding CGI.pm code, is all.

          As I said above, all other uses of CGI.pm should have equivalents in
          Apache::ASP, so there's really no good reason to use CGI.pm.