Re: File upload problem

  • Warren Young
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
      Andrew Koebrick (ADM) wrote:
      > Can't locate object method "request" via package "Apache"

      Have you tried this patch:

      http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/asp/89060?search_string=yarrow;#89060

      ?

    • D. L. Fox
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
        Probably not what is causing your scenario but...

        I once had a scenario similar to this and found the problem was in my
        HTML. I needed to use both "id" and "name" attributes for each element
        in the form. If I just used one or the other, it wouldn't pass any data
        for that element.

        Andrew Koebrick (ADM) wrote:

        > Any ideas on what could be botching or interfering with the Request object?

      • Andrew Koebrick (ADM)
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
          It looks like I figured out my problem with the missing $Request->Form data. I have RequestBinaryRead set to "Off". Turning this off gives me content in $Reqest->Form, but it unfortunately seems to then break CGI.pm.

          I had ReqestBinaryRead turned off because of a different problem I was having back in 2004 with POST data truncation:
          http://www.mail-archive.com/asp@.../msg02159.html

          So it looks like at this point CGI.pm and Apache::ASP are at odds. Any thoughts on getting them to play well together?

          Andrew Koebrick

        • Warren Young
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
            Andrew Koebrick (ADM) wrote:
            > Any thoughts on getting them to play well together?

            The use of CGI.pm to construct file upload fields is a mere convenience.
            You can do the same thing by writing raw HTML. It's just uglier than
            the corresponding CGI.pm code, is all.

            As I said above, all other uses of CGI.pm should have equivalents in
            Apache::ASP, so there's really no good reason to use CGI.pm.