Re: redefinition warnings

  • Ellers
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17 9:31 PM

      >Now there is a huge problem: We have an ASP file for every page on
      >that server, and in each file exists the same subs like
      >Write_Content_HTML() and so on. We include there the main content
      >of each webpage dynamically. There are more such subs, but one should
      >be enough to explain the problem.
      >The code works fine, but the error_logs are full of redefinition warnings,
      >due to the fact, that the same subs are used in each ASP file.

      I'm not sure if it helps in your situation, but I sometimes find it
      useful to treat ASP's Include facility as a kind of subroutine
      substitute.

      That is, instead of:

      $result = do_something( 'arg1', $arg2 );

      sub do_something
      {
      my ( $first, $second ) = @_;
      return 1;
      }

      I do:

      $result = $Response->Include( 'my_sub_do_something.asp', 'arg1', $arg2 );

      [my_sub_do_something.asp]

      <%
      my ( $first, $second ) = @;

      return 1;
      %>

      I appreciate not everyones needs are the same as mine - and the above
      doesn't eliminate using packages and the global.asa, but sometimes
      I've found it useful.

      HTH
      Ellers