Re: Capture sessionID in browser from perl script

  • Sudarshan Soma
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2009
      Hi,
      The cookies would be stored in the cookie store mentioned, cookies.dat.
      You can aswell check errors for every call. In mycase if need not
      check the sessionid, but just pass the obtained sessionid embedded in
      the further web requests

      let me know what u find

      thanks
      pavan

      On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM, aura networks<laki.sreekanth@...> wrote:

      > My Perl code:
      >
      > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      >
      > use HTTP::Cookies;
      > use HTTP::Request::Common;
      > use LWP::UserAgent;
      >
      > $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
      > if(! $ua)
      > {
      > print "Can not get the page :UserAgent fialed \n";
      > return 0;
      > }
      >
      > my $cookies=new HTTP::Cookies(file=>'./cookies.dat',autosave=>1);
      > $ua->cookie_jar($cookies);
      > # push does all magic to exrtact cookies and add to header for further reqs.
      > useragent should be newer
      > push @{ $ua->requests_redirectable }, 'POST';
      > $result = $ua->request(POST " http://erail.in http://erail.in ");
      > print $result;
      > ______________
      > Through this program i am not able to capture the Session id/cookie value
      > from the opened site(in the script)
      > I am getting this output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xacc640)
      >
      > Please suggest me how to capture the session-id....
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Lakshmi Sreekanth
      > --
    • aura networks
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2009
        Contents in cookies.dat file: #LWP-Cookies-1.0
        Output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xafebd0)

        Tell me the way to get session-id pls pls...