Re: Capture sessionID in browser from perl script

  • aura networks
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18 11:40 PM
      My Perl code:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use HTTP::Cookies;
      use HTTP::Request::Common;
      use LWP::UserAgent;

      $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
      if(! $ua)
      {
      print "Can not get the page :UserAgent fialed \n";
      return 0;
      }

      my $cookies=new HTTP::Cookies(file=>'./cookies.dat',autosave=>1);
      $ua->cookie_jar($cookies);
      # push does all magic to exrtact cookies and add to header for further reqs.
      useragent should be newer
      push @{ $ua->requests_redirectable }, 'POST';
      $result = $ua->request(POST " http://erail.in http://erail.in ");
      print $result;
      ______________
      Through this program i am not able to capture the Session id/cookie value
      from the opened site(in the script)
      I am getting this output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xacc640)

      Please suggest me how to capture the session-id....

      Thanks,
      Lakshmi Sreekanth
    • Sudarshan Soma
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 18 11:54 PM
        Hi,
        The cookies would be stored in the cookie store mentioned, cookies.dat.
        You can aswell check errors for every call. In mycase if need not
        check the sessionid, but just pass the obtained sessionid embedded in
        the further web requests

        let me know what u find

        thanks
        pavan

        On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM, aura networks<laki.sreekanth@...> wrote:

        > My Perl code:
        >
        > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
        >
        > use HTTP::Cookies;
        > use HTTP::Request::Common;
        > use LWP::UserAgent;
        >
        > $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
        > if(! $ua)
        > {
        > print "Can not get the page :UserAgent fialed \n";
        > return 0;
        > }
        >
        > my $cookies=new HTTP::Cookies(file=>'./cookies.dat',autosave=>1);
        > $ua->cookie_jar($cookies);
        > # push does all magic to exrtact cookies and add to header for further reqs.
        > useragent should be newer
        > push @{ $ua->requests_redirectable }, 'POST';
        > $result = $ua->request(POST " http://erail.in http://erail.in ");
        > print $result;
        > ______________
        > Through this program i am not able to capture the Session id/cookie value
        > from the opened site(in the script)
        > I am getting this output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xacc640)
        >
        > Please suggest me how to capture the session-id....
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lakshmi Sreekanth
        > --
      • aura networks
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 19 4:33 AM
          Contents in cookies.dat file: #LWP-Cookies-1.0
          Output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xafebd0)

          Tell me the way to get session-id pls pls...