DESTROY in cleanup handler

  • Bill Moseley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2009
      Is there a purpose for using a cleanup handler (to call DESTROY) in
      Apache::ASP instead of cleaning up at the end of the response handler?

      What looks like happened is that due to circular references DESTROY
      was not getting called at the end of the request so that a handler was
      used to explicitly call DESTROY. But, I'm not clear if there were
      other reasons (e.g. need to keep the Apache::ASP object around after
      the response was completed). Is there another reason?

      The Apache::ASP object holds child objects that reference the
      Apache::ASP parent object. Those could be weakened. Also $Session,
      $Application, etc. are not localized when running an .asp page so they
      hold references until the following request when they are set again
      (via InitPackageGlobals).

      Thanks,

      --
      Bill Moseley.
      moseley@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
        Anyone still around that is familiar with Apache::ASP's internals?

        --
        Bill Moseley.
        moseley@...