Re: Capture sessionID in browser from perl script

  • Thanos Chatziathanassiou
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2009
      O/H Sudarshan Soma έγραψε:
      > Thanks a lot . I have a followup query, can anyone please advice me:
      >
      > My application (webser) will set up sessionId in the cookie and sets
      > redirect URL to main page(if login is successfull). In case of
      > browser, this works fine with redirect thread reaches server with the
      > sessionId set and request for main page.
      >
      > Can anyone please let me know how, it can be made to work in perl with
      > redirect URLs.
      >
      > I think this is a basic query , but my intial search didnt help me.
      > Please advice

      You really need to familiarize yourself with perldoc (or google for that
      matter ;)

      To the matter at hand: redirects should work quite as expected. If they
      do not, then they're probably not HTTP 3xx (see
      http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html) and perhaps
      you'll have to resort to some fancy regex (perldoc perlre) to go to the
      correct URI.
      For HTTP, see ``$ua->max_redirect'' and ``$ua->requests_redirectable''
      in ``perldoc LWP::UserAgent''. Also take a look in the libwww-perl
      cookbook ``perldoc lwpcook''.
      Someone's bound to have already done what you need.

    • Sudarshan Soma
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8, 2009
        2009/4/3 Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tchatzi@...>:
        > O/H Sudarshan Soma έγραψε:
        >>
        >> Thanks a lot . I have a followup query, can anyone please advice me:
        >>
        >> My application (webser) will set up sessionId in the cookie and sets
        >> redirect URL to main page(if login is successfull). In case of
        >> browser, this works fine with redirect thread reaches server with the
        >> sessionId set and request for main page.
        >>
        >> Can anyone please let me know how, it can be made to work in perl with
        >> redirect URLs.
        >>
        >> I think this is a basic query , but my intial search didnt help me.
        >> Please advice
        >>

        > You really need to familiarize yourself with perldoc (or google for that
        > matter ;)
        >
        > To the matter at hand: redirects should work quite as expected. If they do
        > not, then they're probably not HTTP 3xx (see
        > http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html) and perhaps you'll
        > have to resort to some fancy regex (perldoc perlre) to go to the correct
        > URI.
        > For HTTP, see ``$ua->max_redirect'' and ``$ua->requests_redirectable'' in
        > ``perldoc LWP::UserAgent''. Also take a look in the libwww-perl cookbook
        > ``perldoc lwpcook''.
        > Someone's bound to have already done what you need.
        >>
        >> Thanks and Best Regards,
        >> Pavan
        >>
        >> My code till now is:
        >>
        >> $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
        >> if(! $ua) {
        >> return 0;
        >> }
        >>
        >> $ua->cookie_jar(HTTP::Cookies->new);
        >> $requestString = "http://x.y.z.w?Username=abc&Password=abc";
        >> $requestObject = HTTP::Request::Common::GET $requestString;
        >> $result = $ua->request($requestObject);
        >> $resp = $result->content;
        >> print "$resp";
        >>

        >> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tchatzi@...>
        >> wrote:
        >>

        >>> O/H Sudarshan Soma έγραψε:

        >>> rather:
        >>> ---8<---
        >>> use HTTP::Cookies;
        >>> use HTTP::Request::Common;
        >>> use LWP::UserAgent;
        >>>
        >>> $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
        >>> $requestString = "http://x.y.x.w";
        >>> $ua->cookie_jar(HTTP::Cookies->new);
        >>> $result = $ua->request(HTTP::Request::Common::GET $requestString));
        >>> $ua->cookie_jar->extract_cookies($res);
        >>> #session id is now in the cookie jar. ``perldoc HTTP::Cookies''
        >>> #to read it
        >>> $anotherURI = "http://x.y.x.w/whatever";
        >>> $requestObject = HTTP::Request::Common::GET $anotherURI;
        >>> #automatically add the cookies (including the session-id) to this
        >>> request..
        >>> $ua->cookie_jar->add_cookie_header($requestObject);
        >>> $result = $ua->request($requestObject);
        >>>
        >>> ---8<---

        Thanks a lot. I got the final code now

        use warnings;

        use HTTP::Cookies;
        use HTTP::Request::Common;
        use LWP::UserAgent;

        {
        $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
        if(! $ua) {
        print "Can not get the page :UserAgent fialed \n";
        return 0;
        }

        my $cookies=new HTTP::Cookies(file=>'./cookies.dat',autosave=>1);
        $ua->cookie_jar($cookies);
        # push does all magic to exrtact cookies and add to header for further
        reqs. useragent should be newer
        push @{ $ua->requests_redirectable }, 'POST';
        $result = $ua->request(POST "http://x.y.z.p",
        {
        Username =>'xxx',
        Password =>'xxx',
        Submit =>'Submit'
        });
        $resp = $result->content;

        $anotherURI = "http://x.y.z.p/gd";

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2009
          O/H Sudarshan Soma έγραψε:
          > Thanks a lot. I got the final code now
          >
          > use warnings;

          Since this is a mod_perl list, you might want to consider ``use
          strict;'' as well (actually you might consider using strict anyhow)
          > use HTTP::Cookies;
          > use HTTP::Request::Common;
          > use LWP::UserAgent;
          >
          > {
          > $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
          > if(! $ua) {
          > print "Can not get the page :UserAgent fialed \n";
          > return 0;
          > }

          I've never had an LWP::UserAgent fail on me at this step, however...
          > my $cookies=new HTTP::Cookies(file=>'./cookies.dat',autosave=>1);
          > $ua->cookie_jar($cookies);
          > # push does all magic to exrtact cookies and add to header for further
          > reqs. useragent should be newer
          > push @{ $ua->requests_redirectable }, 'POST';
          > $result = $ua->request(POST "http://x.y.z.p",
          > {
          > Username =>'xxx',
          > Password =>'xxx',
          > Submit =>'Submit'
          > });

          ..if really want to check for failures, maybe fold all the rest in an
          ``if ($result->is_success)'' block.
          > $resp = $result->content;
          >
          > $anotherURI = "http://x.y.z.p/gd";
          > $requestObject = HTTP::Request::Common::GET $anotherURI;
          > $result = $ua->request($requestObject);

          same here
          > $resp = $result->content;

          in all, there are numerous things that might go wrong through the
          process (e.g. perhaps you didn't really log in successfully), but maybe
          this is a throw-away run once script, so if it works for you...

        • aura networks
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 18 11:34 PM
            http://www.nabble.com/file/p24106268/final.pl final.pl
            Here i am not getting the Session-id / cookie-value from the browser, just i
            am getting the below output:
            Output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xacc640)

            Please suggest me how to capture the session-id from the opened site(in the
            script)

            Thanks,
            Lakshmi Sreekanth
          • aura networks
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 18 11:40 PM
              My Perl code:

              #!/usr/bin/perl -w

              use HTTP::Cookies;
              use HTTP::Request::Common;
              use LWP::UserAgent;

              $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
              if(! $ua)
              {
              print "Can not get the page :UserAgent fialed \n";
              return 0;
              }

              my $cookies=new HTTP::Cookies(file=>'./cookies.dat',autosave=>1);
              $ua->cookie_jar($cookies);
              # push does all magic to exrtact cookies and add to header for further reqs.
              useragent should be newer
              push @{ $ua->requests_redirectable }, 'POST';
              $result = $ua->request(POST " http://erail.in http://erail.in ");
              print $result;
              ______________
              Through this program i am not able to capture the Session id/cookie value
              from the opened site(in the script)
              I am getting this output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xacc640)

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 18 11:54 PM
                Hi,
                The cookies would be stored in the cookie store mentioned, cookies.dat.
                You can aswell check errors for every call. In mycase if need not
                check the sessionid, but just pass the obtained sessionid embedded in
                the further web requests

                let me know what u find

                thanks
                pavan

                On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM, aura networks<laki.sreekanth@...> wrote:

                > My Perl code:
                >
                > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
                >
                > use HTTP::Cookies;
                > use HTTP::Request::Common;
                > use LWP::UserAgent;
                >
                > $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
                > if(! $ua)
                > {
                > print "Can not get the page :UserAgent fialed \n";
                > return 0;
                > }
                >
                > my $cookies=new HTTP::Cookies(file=>'./cookies.dat',autosave=>1);
                > $ua->cookie_jar($cookies);
                > # push does all magic to exrtact cookies and add to header for further reqs.
                > useragent should be newer
                > push @{ $ua->requests_redirectable }, 'POST';
                > $result = $ua->request(POST " http://erail.in http://erail.in ");
                > print $result;
                > ______________
                > Through this program i am not able to capture the Session id/cookie value
                > from the opened site(in the script)
                > I am getting this output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xacc640)
                >
                > Please suggest me how to capture the session-id....
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Lakshmi Sreekanth
                > --
              • aura networks
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 19 4:33 AM
                  Contents in cookies.dat file: #LWP-Cookies-1.0
                  Output: HTTP::Response=HASH(0xafebd0)

                  Tell me the way to get session-id pls pls...