Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Undefined subroutine error

Expand Messages
  • Tsirkin Evgeny
    Well you probably already thought of this but: It appears that the global.asa (and thus Example::Image.pm) get compiled into different packages then
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Well you probably already thought of this but:
      It appears that the global.asa (and thus Example::Image.pm) get
      compiled into different
      packages then templates/masthead.tmpl.
      Do you have UniquePackages 0 or 1 ?
      Maybe this is caused by a template package you are using ,is this an
      asp script or another one?
      If the problem actually _ is _ the different packages then you can of
      cause solve it with
      PerlRequire / startup script or something like that.
      Thanks
      Evgeny

      On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Roberto C. Sánchez
      <roberto@...> wrote:
      > MP gurus,
      >
      > I recently deployed a site using Apache::ASP. I am running up against
      > a problem that has left me scratching my head. The site works fine on
      > the development server. However, on the production server, my error_log
      > fills with these messages:
      >
      > [Mon Nov 10 19:44:59 2008] [error] [asp] [7796] [error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::ASP::Compiles::__ASP__srv_http_www_e_ample_com__x::get_image_data called at /srv/http/www.example.com/templates/masthead.tmpl line 2. <--> , /usr/share/perl5/Apache/ASP.pm line 1521
      >
      > (I have attached the complete error log output, with debugging enabled,
      > for a failed request to this email.)
      >
      > The odd thing is that it is apparently intermittent. Sometimes, the
      > error happens and a 500 error page is returned. Other times, the page
      > loads as expected.
      >
      > Both servers (development and production) are running Debian Etch with
      > Apache 2.2.3, mod_perl 2.0.2, and Apache::ASP 2.59 (all stock versions
      > shipped with Debian Etch).
      >
      > The code that is generating the error is this:
      >
      > <%
      > my %img_data = get_image_data('masthead.png');
      > %>
      >
      > My DocumentRoot is /srv/http/www.example.com and I have a directory
      > called /srv/http/www.example.com/Example which has my Perl modules in
      > it. One of the modules is called Image.pm and it has a function called
      > get_image_data(). In my global.asa I have "use Example::Image;".
      >
      > Something that also does not make sense to me is that if I change the
      > document root to something like /srv/http/example or /srv/http/site,
      > then the error appears to never happen. I have tested this by using
      > both alternate document roots for about two weeks each and it appears to
      > not have a problem in either case.
      >
      > There are two very strange things about this whole situation. On the
      > (nearly) identically configured development server, I never get the
      > above error. I have another site (one that is actually in production,
      > as opposed to the example site) that uses a similar scheme on the same
      > production server and it does not have this problem.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > -Roberto
      >
      > --
      > Roberto C. Sánchez
      > http://people.connexer.com/~roberto
      > http://www.connexer.com
      >
      > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
      > Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
      >
      > iD8DBQFJGNlw5SXWIKfIlGQRAp2tAJ4hc3UfDt0LszN/6UTrRSErMtmnhACgv2j8
      > s4zfI5IlVrRykSFjU2X3gi0=
      > =O++Q
      > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
      >
      >
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.