Re: Peculiar $Application problem

  • Thanos Chatziathanassiou
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2008
      O/H Joshua Chamas έγραψε:
      > Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
      >> Hi list,
      >>
      >> I have a rather strange issue:
      >> I came across a 102 MB $Application object, which contains several
      >> little key => arrayref_value elements.
      >> The keys are usually HTTP_USER_AGENTs and the values 2 fairly short
      >> strings.
      >> I'm using MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File.
      >> Curiously, scalar(keys(%{$Application})) returns just 4 elements and
      >> indeed iterating over keys returns only 4.
      >> Problem is, when running from the command line on a plain copy, it
      >> correctly returns both the number of elements and their keys/values.
      >> Any idea what might be wrong ?
      >
      > Hi Thanos,
      >
      > From time to time I have found SDBM_File to do odd unreproducible things.
      > If you suspect this is true you might run with a different DBM like
      > DB_File.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Josh
      The thing that strikes me is that asking for a particular key works as
      expected.
      Can I port the stored keys with

      tie %A, "SDBM_File", "application", O_RDONLY, 0660;
      tie %B, "DB_File", "new/application", O_CREAT|O_RDWR, 0660, $DB_HASH ;
      %B = %A;
      untie %A;
      untie %B;

      and restart apache ?

      Also, GDBM_File looks a little faster than DB_File. Would I want to use
      that instead ?