ASP script shown in the web browser

  • Shirley Mayadewi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
      Hi,

      I am trying to build the Apache Web Server (Apache-ASP-2.59 with apache_1.3.37) with mod_perl ( mod_perl-1.30 ) and mod_ssl ( mod_ssl-2.8.28-1.3.37 ) in Linux (Fedora Core 6). I have followed the instructions under  Build Apache and mod_perl and Quick Start. Basically, after I put all the source codes for apache, mod_ssl, and mod_perl under make_httpd folder, I just ran ./build_httpds.sh and it was completed with no errors.
      But after I start apache and test the examples in the folder $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp/site/eg, it doesn't work. The ASP script is still shown in the browser. Can anyone give me any suggestions what I should try? Thanks.

    • Helmut Zeilinger
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2007
        Hi Shirley,

        most important are the following directives in the
        vhost-/ or httpd- config file:

        PerlModule Apache::ASP

        <FilesMatch ".*\.asp">
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP

        Checkout if these lines are present, if yes -
        and the server starts without complaining ! -
        and it still does not work, please post the relevant section
        of your httpd.conf (or vhost.conf).

        Helmut

        (I am on vacation for one week, so someone else might help you in this case)