When installing Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra over CPAN, the only thing that is copied to Cpan\build directory is Apache-ASP-2.31

  • WRFan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2002
      >The bundle file is used when installing through cpan as in:

        >cpan> install Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra

      Hi, everybody,

      First, I apologise, Mr. Chamas, for writing to your private address, I had lost the asp@... address.

      When installing  "install Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra", only the usual Apache-ASP-2.31 files are copied to my harddisc. Cpan also says in the end "couldn't find a bundle file in ...\cpan\build\Apache-ASP-2.31 at ....\cpan.pm line 1972. Also when I go to http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Apache/ , there's only the Apache-ASP-2.31.tar.gz archive. But maybe it is the same, if I open the extra.pm file from lib\bundle\apache\asp and get all the modules, which are listed in this file manually over cpan?

      Regards,

      Gert

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2002
        > WRFan wrote:
        >
        > When installing "install Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra", only the usual Apache-ASP-2.31 files are copied to my harddisc. Cpan also says in the end
        > "couldn't find a bundle file in ...\cpan\build\Apache-ASP-2.31 at ....\cpan.pm line 1972. Also when I go to
        > http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Apache/ , there's only the Apache-ASP-2.31.tar.gz archive. But maybe it is the same, if I open the extra.pm
        > file from lib\bundle\apache\asp and get all the modules, which are listed in this file manually over cpan?

        When doing this:

        cpan> install Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra

        cpan starts installing all of the modules listed in that file.
        That bundle file is distributed with the Apache::ASP package
        just like Bundle::Apache::ASP, so CPAN will like download
        the module first.

        The XML::* modules really take the longest time to download
        & install because the Bundle::XML is installed and that is
        very large.

        If you install all the modules that are listed in the Extra.pm
        individually, that will have the same effect as installing
        the Bundle file. Note that you do not have to install any of
        these modules to get the core Apache::ASP functionality working.

        As far as the error:

        "couldn't find a bundle file in ...\cpan\build\Apache-ASP-2.31 ...

        I did not get this just now when running the bundle installation.
        Maybe its because it does not download Apache::ASP automatically
        first for you(?), in which case I might first try:

        cpan> install Apache::ASP

        and see if that helps.

        -- Josh