Re: Apache::ASP::Demo

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2007
      mynamak wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have recently installed Apache ASP but when i am opening my ASP pages
      > i am getting this error
      > Errors Output
      >
      > 1. Undefined subroutine &Apache::ASP::Demo::request called
      > at /home/mi/public_html/results.asp line
      > 1. , /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/ASP.pm line 1521
      >

      > I guess something is wrong wither in .htaccess eitehr in httpd.conf.
      >
      > Can you please advice ?

      You likely have this setting "PerlSetVar GlobalPackage Apache::ASP::Demo"
      which causes the scripts to execute in the Demo package.

      Then, my bet is that you are trying to execute vbscript by referencing
      "request", but Apache::ASP only support Perl scripting, so $Request
      is what you use here.

      For examples, please see:

      http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/index.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
        John Evans wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have just fixed Demo issue,there was also /tmp_demo
        > path which had to be set to /tmp, but now i am getting
        > this error
        >
        > Errors Output
        > error compiling results.asp: Global symbol "$Response"
        > requires explicit package name at
        > /home/mis/public_html/results.asp line 202. ,
        > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/ASP.pm
        > line 1465
        >

        > Line 202 states
        > 202: <td valign="bottom">'));
        > $Response->Include('/home/mis/public_html/footer.asp',
        > ); ; &Apache::ASP::WriteRef($main::Response, \('</td>
        >
        > I guess this eror contains more fix info ?

        You might need to post more of the script, and/or more of the
        compilation error (which shows the compiled script).

        I am wondering what "package" your script thinks its in.
        If you set GlobalPackage to be Apache::ASP, this is likely a
        problem, I would suggest not setting GlobalPackage at all.

        Finally, you might set "PerlSetVar Debug -2", and show output
        from the Apache error_log.