Apache::ASP::Demo

  • mynamak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
      Hello,

      I have recently installed Apache ASP but when i am opening my ASP pages
      i am getting this error
      Errors Output

      1. Undefined subroutine &Apache::ASP::Demo::request called
      at /home/mi/public_html/results.asp line
      1. , /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/ASP.pm line 1521

      I guess something is wrong wither in .htaccess eitehr in httpd.conf.

      Can you please advice ?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2007
        mynamak wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have recently installed Apache ASP but when i am opening my ASP pages
        > i am getting this error
        > Errors Output
        >
        > 1. Undefined subroutine &Apache::ASP::Demo::request called
        > at /home/mi/public_html/results.asp line
        > 1. , /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/ASP.pm line 1521
        >

        > I guess something is wrong wither in .htaccess eitehr in httpd.conf.
        >
        > Can you please advice ?

        You likely have this setting "PerlSetVar GlobalPackage Apache::ASP::Demo"
        which causes the scripts to execute in the Demo package.

        Then, my bet is that you are trying to execute vbscript by referencing
        "request", but Apache::ASP only support Perl scripting, so $Request
        is what you use here.

        For examples, please see:

        http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/index.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
          John Evans wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have just fixed Demo issue,there was also /tmp_demo
          > path which had to be set to /tmp, but now i am getting
          > this error
          >
          > Errors Output
          > error compiling results.asp: Global symbol "$Response"
          > requires explicit package name at
          > /home/mis/public_html/results.asp line 202. ,
          > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/ASP.pm
          > line 1465
          >

          > Line 202 states
          > 202: <td valign="bottom">'));
          > $Response->Include('/home/mis/public_html/footer.asp',
          > ); ; &Apache::ASP::WriteRef($main::Response, \('</td>
          >
          > I guess this eror contains more fix info ?

          You might need to post more of the script, and/or more of the
          compilation error (which shows the compiled script).

          I am wondering what "package" your script thinks its in.
          If you set GlobalPackage to be Apache::ASP, this is likely a
          problem, I would suggest not setting GlobalPackage at all.

          Finally, you might set "PerlSetVar Debug -2", and show output
          from the Apache error_log.