Re: Error Document

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2002
      "John D. Leonard II" wrote:

      > Josh:
      >
      > > For your purposes, you might do what you want better by using
      > > Apache->custom_response API directly in a early mod_perl request
      > > stage, or the Apache ErrorDocument config.
      >
      > Do you know if the Apache ErrorDocument code will process an ApacheASP
      > document? I'd like to use my existing ASP application to present the
      > error messages.

      If ErrorDocument specifies a file name that would normally be
      executed as an ASP script, then yes, your script will work for it
      just fine.

    • Ellers
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2002
        At 12:45 PM -0800 8/3/02, Joshua Chamas wrote:
        >"John D. Leonard II" wrote:
        >>
        > > I'm tryin to get the error document facility working for 401 error
        > > (authorization failure.)
        > > However, when I hit a protected page and fail out, the standard message
        >> is shown.

        >For your purposes, you might do what you want better by using
        >Apache->custom_response API directly in a early mod_perl request
        >stage, or the Apache ErrorDocument config.

        In my work I used the following in the httpd.conf to handle missing
        document (404) requests. Presumable 401 would work identically?

        ErrorDocument 404 /404.asp

        Then in 404.asp you can put whatever you want.

        HTH
        Ellers