Apache2.2 windows ans ASP vhost prob

  • turnbui
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2006
      Hello folks,
      I am in need of some expert guidance. I'm not sure if I'm in the right place
      though so please point me in the right direction if not. In this case sorry
      to take up your time.
      I had Apache 2.2 with ActicePerl 5.8.8.819 and VHOSTS working satisfactorily
      [I think] until I installed ASP 2.55 via the PPM GUI utility on WinXP-Home.
      After copying the C:\Perl\eg\IEExamples directory to my C:\Program
      Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\asp\eg folder and making
      the config for ASP changes to httpd.conf the ASP seemed to work OK when
      accessed by http://localhost/asp/eg.

      So I then copied the C:\Perl\eg\IEExamples directory to my C:\Program
      Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\iansthtdocs\asp\eg the DocRoot
      for my first VHOST and placing the ASP config parameters into an .htaccess
      file in C:\Program Files\Apache Software
      Foundation\Apache2.2\iansthtdocs\asp to serve ASP documents they don't work
      on the VHOST when I access them as http://petes.xxxx.net/asp/...

      I have checked and double checked the config for ASP and Apache VHOSTS but I
      can't spot anything obvious.
      Has anyone else had similar woes? Indeed has anyone used ASP with VHOSTS
      perhaps?

      Any help would be gratefully recieved.

      Thanks
      Ian t
    • Warren Young
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2006
        turnbui wrote:
        > I installed ASP 2.55

        2.59, surely?

        > So I then copied the C:\Perl\eg\IEExamples directory to my C:\Program
        > Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\iansthtdocs\asp\eg the DocRoot
        > for my first VHOST and placing the ASP config parameters into an .htaccess
        > file in C:\Program Files\Apache Software

        Try putting the ASP configuration inside the <VirtualHost> block in the
        httpd.conf file. Even if having it in .htaccess did work, it would be
        much slower.

      • turnbui
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2006
          Sorry Warren, clicked wrong place,
          No PPM GUI reports it as 2.55.
          Thanks for the advice on it being faster but unfortunately didn't fix it.