Re: Error Document

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2002
      "John D. Leonard II" wrote:

      > All:
      >
      > I'm tryin to get the error document facility working for 401 error
      > (authorization failure.) My first try was to simply add the following
      > code in the Script_OnStart
      >
      > sub Script_OnStart{
      > $Response->ErrorDocument('401',<<EOF);
      > <h1>Nee-ner nee-ner nee-ner</h1>
      > You can't get me!
      > EOF
      > }
      >
      > However, when I hit a protected page and fail out, the standard message
      > is shown.

      I am not sure that this will work because the 401 auth layer will
      be executed prior to Script_OnStart, or the Apache::ASP handler even,
      so your code never gets a chance to run.

      For your purposes, you might do what you want better by using
      Apache->custom_response API directly in a early mod_perl request
      stage, or the Apache ErrorDocument config.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2002
        "John D. Leonard II" wrote:

        > Josh:
        >
        > > For your purposes, you might do what you want better by using
        > > Apache->custom_response API directly in a early mod_perl request
        > > stage, or the Apache ErrorDocument config.
        >
        > Do you know if the Apache ErrorDocument code will process an ApacheASP
        > document? I'd like to use my existing ASP application to present the
        > error messages.

        If ErrorDocument specifies a file name that would normally be
        executed as an ASP script, then yes, your script will work for it
        just fine.

      • Ellers
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2002
          At 12:45 PM -0800 8/3/02, Joshua Chamas wrote:
          >"John D. Leonard II" wrote:
          >>
          > > I'm tryin to get the error document facility working for 401 error
          > > (authorization failure.)
          > > However, when I hit a protected page and fail out, the standard message
          >> is shown.

          >For your purposes, you might do what you want better by using
          >Apache->custom_response API directly in a early mod_perl request
          >stage, or the Apache ErrorDocument config.

          In my work I used the following in the httpd.conf to handle missing
          document (404) requests. Presumable 401 would work identically?

          ErrorDocument 404 /404.asp

          Then in 404.asp you can put whatever you want.

          HTH
          Ellers