Re: apache-1.3.36 perl-5.6.1 Apache::ASP-2.59 problem (solved ?)

  • Thanos Chatziathanassiou
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
      Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
      > (Hate to reply to my own mail, but...)
      (Still replying to own mail)

      > for reasons I cannot figure out yet, this part of Load.pm doesn't
      > quite work as expected:
      > ---snip---
      > opendir(DIR, $file) || die("can't open $file for reading: $!");
      > my @files = readdir(DIR);
      > close DIR;
      > ---snip---
      >
      > @files contains as many elements as files in $file (which in this
      > context is actually a directory), but instead of filenames, they
      > contain the empty string. Which of course leads to the deep
      > recursion/out of memory error, given a directory with enough files.
      Indeed that was the culprit and using glob instead of readdir provided a
      workable solution.
      However, apache 1.3.37 was released in between and I decided to build
      this one instead. With the same perl version (5.6.1), same mod_perl
      (1.29) readdir worked as expected.
      BTW, all apache versions were compiled from sources using the same
      script (with changed paths) with gcc-2.95.3 against glibc-2.2.5.

      Still can't figure out what was wrong with 1.3.36 compared to 1.3.34 &
      1.3.37 though.
      There's nothing even remotely related in the Changelog and I haven't
      mustered the courage to do a diff between them yet... Still, I think we
      can leave it be for now.