Installation Errors

  • levik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
      Ok, I'm going to try and give you all the info right up front that you might
      need, if I leave something out let me know. Also, I apologize if I give to
      much info. I'll also start off with the fact that I've only been working
      with setting up a web server for about a month now.

      Specs:
      Win 2k SP4
      Apache 2.2.2(win32)
      mod_aspdotnet 2.2
      PHP 5.2.0-dev
      mod_jk 1.2.15
      mod_perl 2.0.3-dev
      Perl v5.8.8

      http://www.nabble.com/user-files/49/error.log error.log

      I've included my error log if that helps. My problem is I cannot view asp
      pages, and the only ones I'm trying to view are the ones that came with
      Apache::Asp. The bookmarks and search ones. When I browse to the
      folder(located in my webroot) in IE I get HTTP 500 - Internal server error.
      Have I not installed Apache::Asp correctly? Or is there something simple I'm
      just not seeing? I appreciate the help, its been one heck of a learning
      curve, I've spent most of this week getting CPAN to work for me, which btw,
      requires being able to build the modules on your own anyways ;-) .
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
        levik wrote:
        > When I browse to the
        > folder(located in my webroot) in IE I get HTTP 500 - Internal server error.

        Look in Apache's error_log, then. Post the entire error text if you
        don't understand it. It could be many lines.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
          I did post my error log, didn't I?
        • Warren Young
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
            levik wrote:
            > I did post my error log, didn't I?

            Sorry, I missed it.

            Here's the start of the relevant line:

            [Wed Jul 19 08:46:07 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] can't open file
            /tmp/asp/server/internal.lock: No such file or directory at ....

            It's looking for /tmp/asp/... This isn't going to exist on a Windows
            box! Change the line in httpd.conf referring to this to some temp space
            Apache can use.