Re: Problems to install Asp

  • Kunal Parekh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15 8:20 AM
      My experience from 2003.

      I worked with Apache:ASP back in 2003. I setup the Apache Server, MySQL and
      ASP had the website kindof ready but when it came down to hosting I realized
      lot of Web Hosting company did not support Apache:ASP module even though
      they offered Linux webhosting services.

      Also Apache::ASP was not well developed back then.

      My advice plain and simple, forget Apache::ASP if you are investing your
      time to do something useful and productive. Do Apache and PHP, which is
      supported widely. Even simpler and better just do Microsoft ASP, lot of
      support & help available. Webhosting companies available are plenty and the
      plans are cheap.

      I finally have a business website up with Microsoft ASP with $4 a month
      webhosting plan with PayPal and am happy and worry-free since last 1 yr.

      If you want to make it an education project than put time in doing this.
      Also do not forget the daily server maintainence you will have to do
      yourself. Is all that pain worth less than $4 a month for you?

      Bye.