Re: Problems to install Asp

  • Randy Kobes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
      On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, This Happends wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I'm wondering how i can't get work asp for Apache. Perl works very well. I
      > have installed this packed Perl-5.8-win32-bin.exe distribution.
      >
      > When i'm trying to see my one Active server Pages i'll get this warning:
      >
      > Internal Server Error
      > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
      > to complete your request.
      >
      > No any Faq can't help me. So do you have any good advices for me? Iis works
      > fine, but i don't like this system because its not like real Apache www
      > server.

      Is there a message in the error log that might give a clue
      about what's happening?

      Also, can you give a short example script, and the
      relevant Apache directives used, that illustrate
      the problem? Some details about your system (Perl
      and Apache versions, and mod_perl version) would
      also help.

      --
      best regards,
      Randy Kobes

    • Kunal Parekh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
        My experience from 2003.

        I worked with Apache:ASP back in 2003. I setup the Apache Server, MySQL and
        ASP had the website kindof ready but when it came down to hosting I realized
        lot of Web Hosting company did not support Apache:ASP module even though
        they offered Linux webhosting services.

        Also Apache::ASP was not well developed back then.

        My advice plain and simple, forget Apache::ASP if you are investing your
        time to do something useful and productive. Do Apache and PHP, which is
        supported widely. Even simpler and better just do Microsoft ASP, lot of
        support & help available. Webhosting companies available are plenty and the
        plans are cheap.

        I finally have a business website up with Microsoft ASP with $4 a month
        webhosting plan with PayPal and am happy and worry-free since last 1 yr.

        If you want to make it an education project than put time in doing this.
        Also do not forget the daily server maintainence you will have to do
        yourself. Is all that pain worth less than $4 a month for you?

        Bye.