Problems to install Asp

  • This Happends
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
      Hi

      I'm wondering how i can't get work asp for Apache. Perl works very well. I
      have installed this packed Perl-5.8-win32-bin.exe distribution.

      When i'm trying to see my one Active server Pages i'll get this warning:

      Internal Server Error
      to complete your request.

      No any Faq can't help me. So do you have any good advices for me? Iis works
      fine, but i don't like this system because its not like real Apache www
      server.

      Thanks Yacc

    • Randy Kobes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
        On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, This Happends wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I'm wondering how i can't get work asp for Apache. Perl works very well. I
        > have installed this packed Perl-5.8-win32-bin.exe distribution.
        >
        > When i'm trying to see my one Active server Pages i'll get this warning:
        >
        > Internal Server Error
        > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
        > to complete your request.
        >
        > No any Faq can't help me. So do you have any good advices for me? Iis works
        > fine, but i don't like this system because its not like real Apache www
        > server.

        Is there a message in the error log that might give a clue
        about what's happening?

        Also, can you give a short example script, and the
        relevant Apache directives used, that illustrate
        the problem? Some details about your system (Perl
        and Apache versions, and mod_perl version) would
        also help.

        --
        best regards,
        Randy Kobes

      • Kunal Parekh
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
          My experience from 2003.

          I worked with Apache:ASP back in 2003. I setup the Apache Server, MySQL and
          ASP had the website kindof ready but when it came down to hosting I realized
          lot of Web Hosting company did not support Apache:ASP module even though
          they offered Linux webhosting services.

          Also Apache::ASP was not well developed back then.

          My advice plain and simple, forget Apache::ASP if you are investing your
          time to do something useful and productive. Do Apache and PHP, which is
          supported widely. Even simpler and better just do Microsoft ASP, lot of
          support & help available. Webhosting companies available are plenty and the
          plans are cheap.

          I finally have a business website up with Microsoft ASP with $4 a month
          webhosting plan with PayPal and am happy and worry-free since last 1 yr.

          If you want to make it an education project than put time in doing this.
          Also do not forget the daily server maintainence you will have to do
          yourself. Is all that pain worth less than $4 a month for you?

          Bye.