Viewing all open/active sessions?

  • moxie_freak
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2006
      Greetings,

      Is there an easy way to view all open sessions for a given instance of
      Apache::ASP? I realize that it is possible for me to keep track of
      this myself, but since the system manages sessions transparently, I
      really don't want to reinvent the wheel. Even a command-line perl
      tool to interrogate a state directory would be great; I just want some
      way of measuring active usage at any given time.

      Thank you for your help!
      Steve

    • Steve B

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2006
          > Is there an easy way to view all open sessions for a
          > given instance of Apache::ASP?

          Yes, it is possible.

          > I realize that it is
          > possible for me to keep track of this myself, but
          > since the system manages sessions transparently, I
          > really don't want to reinvent the wheel.

          If you are using Sync::MLDBM as your persistence mechanism then you can
          descend through the state directory, looking for sessions that have not
          timed out.

          > Even a
          > command-line perl tool to interrogate a state
          > directory would be great; I just want some way of
          > measuring active usage at any given time.

          Another way to go about it might include:

          sub Session_OnStart
          {
          push @{ $Application->{session_ids} }, $Session->{SessionID};
          }

          sub Session_OnEnd
          {
          my @ids = @{ $Application->{session_ids} };
          @ids = grep { $_ ne $Session->{SessionID} };
          $Application->{session_ids} = \@ids;
          }

          ...Then, to get a list of all active sessions, just access
          $Application->{session_ids}

          > Thank you for your help!
          > Steve

        • John Drago