Re: Apache-Asp on Mandriva 2006

  • Helmut Zeilinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
      Christopher Taylor schrieb:

      >I have setup apache to run on Mandriva Linux 2006. There was a mandriva rpm
      >built for apache-asp which I installed. I have added mod_perl to be loaded
      >in httpd.conf and added the <file> section for my vhost to have the asp
      >enabled. When I try and access an asp file I get an internal server error.
      >Where should I look for documentation on debugging this?

      Christopher,

      First take a look into the servers error-log file, usually located in
      "/var/log/httpd/error.log/" or similar - depending on the
      servers setup - or my be your vhost has an own error log file
      - indicated by the "ErrorLog" directive in your vhosts section.

      Without that you hardly will find out what's the nature of your problem.

      Helmut

    • Helmut Zeilinger
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
        Christopher,

        >I get this in the error log: Please note that I am using apache2 and
        >mod_perl2. I have also added the line PerlSendHeader On to the vhost file
        >and still have the same error message after restarting the httpd service.:
        >
        >No valid request object (Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x8022dae4)) passed to ASP
        >handler

        do you use the newest (stable) versions of mod_perl and Apache::ASP and of
        Apache 2.0.x?

        If applicable in your case: did you remove any possible remainder of an
        older mod_perl installation from your
        system, according to "http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html" ? At
        least it would not be
        amiss to check your mod_perl installation in this regard.

        Helmut