Apache-Asp on Mandriva 2006

  • Christopher Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
      I have setup apache to run on Mandriva Linux 2006. There was a mandriva rpm
      built for apache-asp which I installed. I have added mod_perl to be loaded
      in httpd.conf and added the <file> section for my vhost to have the asp
      enabled. When I try and access an asp file I get an internal server error.
      Where should I look for documentation on debugging this?

      --
      Christopher Taylor - Registered Linux User #383327

    • Helmut Zeilinger
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
        Christopher Taylor schrieb:

        >I have setup apache to run on Mandriva Linux 2006. There was a mandriva rpm
        >built for apache-asp which I installed. I have added mod_perl to be loaded
        >in httpd.conf and added the <file> section for my vhost to have the asp
        >enabled. When I try and access an asp file I get an internal server error.
        >Where should I look for documentation on debugging this?

        Christopher,

        First take a look into the servers error-log file, usually located in
        "/var/log/httpd/error.log/" or similar - depending on the
        servers setup - or my be your vhost has an own error log file
        - indicated by the "ErrorLog" directive in your vhosts section.

        Without that you hardly will find out what's the nature of your problem.

        Helmut

      • Helmut Zeilinger
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
          Christopher,

          >I get this in the error log: Please note that I am using apache2 and
          >mod_perl2. I have also added the line PerlSendHeader On to the vhost file
          >and still have the same error message after restarting the httpd service.:
          >
          >No valid request object (Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x8022dae4)) passed to ASP
          >handler

          do you use the newest (stable) versions of mod_perl and Apache::ASP and of
          Apache 2.0.x?

          If applicable in your case: did you remove any possible remainder of an
          older mod_perl installation from your
          system, according to "http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html" ? At
          least it would not be
          amiss to check your mod_perl installation in this regard.

          Helmut