Re: Virtual host interference?

  • shroompicker2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2005
      --- In apache-asp@yahoogroups.com, Csongor Fagyal <concept@c...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have faced this interesting problem several times. Here is what
      happens:
      > I have virtualhost A and virtualhost B both running ASP. Virtualhost A
      > has a custom Perl module loaded using a simle 'use'. Now if I have a
      > syntax error in A, it will create an Internal Server error. However,
      > site B, which should be independent of A, also creates an error, and it
      > logs(!) the error of A in its own error_log.
      >
      > Both virtualhosts use a different statedir, and they do not share any
      > modules/scripts.
      >
      > Any ideas?? I think I am using the newest Apache/ASP/mod_perl version
      > (but this happened previously in older versions as well). This is
      RedHat 8.

      > - Csongor

      I found a link which confirms the problem and proposes a big, big
      workaround:

      http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/control/control.html#Starting_a_Personal_Server_for_Each_Developer

      Separate servers for each developer.

      Why?? We never had to do that for PHP!

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 26, 2005
        shroompicker2000 wrote:
        > --- In apache-asp@yahoogroups.com, Csongor Fagyal <concept@c...> wrote:
        >
        >>Hi,
        >>
        >>I have faced this interesting problem several times. Here is what
        >
        > happens:
        >
        >>I have virtualhost A and virtualhost B both running ASP. Virtualhost A
        >>has a custom Perl module loaded using a simle 'use'. Now if I have a
        >>syntax error in A, it will create an Internal Server error. However,
        >>site B, which should be independent of A, also creates an error, and it
        >>logs(!) the error of A in its own error_log.
        >>
        >>Both virtualhosts use a different statedir, and they do not share any
        >>modules/scripts.
        >>
        >>Any ideas?? I think I am using the newest Apache/ASP/mod_perl version
        >>(but this happened previously in older versions as well). This is

        If you are using StatINC or StatINCMatch settings, this could trigger
        a check of a module that is unrelated to your Apache::ASP scripts.

        If you are using another related Apache::* module that does something
        similar, this could be a reason also.