Install problem

  • Andrew Koebrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2005
      I am attempting to get Apache::ASP going on a new system but get this
      error when starting Apache:

      [error] Can't locate Apache2/RequestRec.pm in @INC

      The system specs:
      Fedora Core 3
      mod_perl-1.99_16-3
      httpd-2.0.53-3.3

      Would appreciate any assistance.

      Andrew Koebrick

      p.s. I have tried posting this message to the Yahoo Apache::ASP group a
      few times and it never seems to appear / send. Assuming my account is
      botched. Apologies for duplication if infact folk have received it.

    • Warren Young
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2005
        Andrew Koebrick wrote:

        > [error] Can't locate Apache2/RequestRec.pm in @INC

        [snip]

        > mod_perl-1.99_16-3

        The current version of Apache::ASP assumes that you are using the new
        mod_perl 2.0 interfaces. 1.99_16 uses the old mod_perl 1.0 interfaces.

        One option is to upgrade mod_perl. The dependency net that package is
        caught in makes this a messy path.

        The way I choose is to edit the file referenced in that error message
        (ApacheCommon.pm), changing all the "Apache2"s to "Apache". Then try
        starting httpd. It will fail again, telling you one more module that it
        cannot find; edit the file again, and remove the line that references
        it. httpd will start now.