Re: calling perl script from an asp page under apache

  • Cliff Rubin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
      tried it and got a vbscript error

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Fagyal Csongor" <concept@...>
      To: <asp@...>
      Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:06 AM
      Subject: Re: calling perl script from an asp page under apache

      > Cliff Rubin wrote:
      >
      >> I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be
      >> to call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?
      >>
      >> Thanks;
      >> Cliff
      >
      > In ASP, in a <% ... %> tag you are basically "in Perl", so just do
      > whatever you would do in a "regular" perl script, e.g. open a PIPE to
      > the sendmail binary, etc.
      >
      > ...or use MIME::Lite, and let it take care of your mailing :)
      >
      > - Fagzal

    • Cliff Rubin
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
        When I pull out all the vbscript on the page and try to run the perl I still
        get a vb error similar to the one below and yet this IS a linux server
        running apache

        Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0408'

        Invalid character

        /application/mainform.asp, line 85

        $Response->Write("Hello World! </FONT> <BR>");
        ^Thanks for your help!----- Original Message -----
        >> I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be to
        >> call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?
        >> Thanks;
        >> Cliff
        >
        > In ASP, in a <% ... %> tag you are basically "in Perl", so just do
        > whatever you would do in a "regular" perl script, e.g. open a PIPE to the
        > sendmail binary, etc.
        >
        > ...or use MIME::Lite, and let it take care of your mailing :)
        >
        > - Fagzal

      • Cliff Rubin
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
          These pages were originally built and run on IIS, then moved to a Linux
          Apache server. The ISP activated something that made the asp work, BUT, the
          function that sends an email doesn't wrok because that mail server is not on
          the apache server, thus, I'm wanting to write a snippet of code to use
          sendmail which is, SO can anyone help me in doing so?

          Thanks;
          Cliff

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
            If asp is working on an apache server doens't that mean it must have
            apache::asp?