calling perl script from an asp page under apache

  • Cliff Rubin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
      I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be to call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?

      Thanks;
      Cliff
    • Fagyal Csongor
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
        Cliff Rubin wrote:

        > I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be
        > to call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?
        >
        > Thanks;
        > Cliff

        In ASP, in a <% ... %> tag you are basically "in Perl", so just do
        whatever you would do in a "regular" perl script, e.g. open a PIPE to
        the sendmail binary, etc.

        ...or use MIME::Lite, and let it take care of your mailing :)

        - Fagzal

      • Cliff Rubin
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
          tried it and got a vbscript error

          >> I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be
          >> to call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?
          >>
          >> Thanks;
          >> Cliff
          >
          > In ASP, in a <% ... %> tag you are basically "in Perl", so just do
          > whatever you would do in a "regular" perl script, e.g. open a PIPE to
          > the sendmail binary, etc.
          >
          > ...or use MIME::Lite, and let it take care of your mailing :)
          >
          > - Fagzal

        • Cliff Rubin
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
            When I pull out all the vbscript on the page and try to run the perl I still
            get a vb error similar to the one below and yet this IS a linux server
            running apache

            Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0408'

            Invalid character

            /application/mainform.asp, line 85

            $Response->Write("Hello World! </FONT> <BR>");
            ^Thanks for your help!----- Original Message -----
            >> I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be to
            >> call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?
            >> Thanks;
            >> Cliff
            >
            > In ASP, in a <% ... %> tag you are basically "in Perl", so just do
            > whatever you would do in a "regular" perl script, e.g. open a PIPE to the
            > sendmail binary, etc.
            >
            > ...or use MIME::Lite, and let it take care of your mailing :)
            >
            > - Fagzal

          • Cliff Rubin
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
              These pages were originally built and run on IIS, then moved to a Linux
              Apache server. The ISP activated something that made the asp work, BUT, the
              function that sends an email doesn't wrok because that mail server is not on
              the apache server, thus, I'm wanting to write a snippet of code to use
              sendmail which is, SO can anyone help me in doing so?

              Thanks;
              Cliff

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 22, 2005
                If asp is working on an apache server doens't that mean it must have
                apache::asp?