Re: ApacheCommon.pm configuration error

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2005
      Warren Young wrote:
      > It seems that ApacheCommon.pm is auto-generated, because it was
      > different on two systems I have, both of which have the same versions of
      > Apache::ASP (2.59) installed.

      The Apache::ASP::ApacheCommon file is not auto generated, it simply comes
      with Apache::ASP. 2.59 was tweaked to work with the latest mod_perl,
      so to work after the great renaming, so you probably want to use an older version
      of Apache::ASP, and make sure to first get rid of all Apache/ASP/* files
      on your systems before reinstalling 2.57.

      Please make sure that the version of Apache::ASP that you are installed
      works with the version of mod_perl you are using in a test environment first.

      > Both of these systems have Apache 2.0.x and mod_perl 1.99_09 installed.
      > On one system, this file referenced the older Apache module names
      > (e.g. Apache::RequestRec), while on the other, it the newer names from
      > the Great mod_perl Renaming (e.g. Apache2::RequestRec). This renaming
      > happened long after the _09 release. Because we're trying to keep both
      > of these systems as close to 'stock' as possible, we can't install
      > mod_perl 2.0 to make Apache::ASP happy.

      _09 is pretty old, so I would probably upgrade that at some point and
      use the latest Apache::ASP which is tweaked to work with recent mod_perls.

      > The system where ApacheCommon.pm was generated correctly is a Red Hat
      > Linux 9 system. The other one is a CentOS 3.5 (a clone of RH Enterprise
      > Linux 3.5) system. I just went into the CentOS system's copy of this
      > file with a text editor and hacked it to match the RH9 system, and
      > Apache::ASP then began working fine.
      >
      > Can you fix this, Josh, or do you want me to dig into the code and make
      > a patch?

      If you can find out something else that happened here, I'd be happy
      to hear about it.