Error loading DBI driver

  • Harco de Hilster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi,

      I am trying to load the DBD::Ingres module, which loads a shared library.

      Under Apache::ASP this fails with the error: IImain: Cannot open
      standard program channels

      and the library exits thus killing Apache ;-(

      Outside Apache/mod_perl everything works fine.
      The strange thing is that it works under the PerlRun module, and after
      opening all database connections from within PerlRun, I can safely
      switch to my ASP code.

      It appears that at the C-code level, StdOut/StdErr are not available as
      file descriptors under mod_perl or ASP. Apparently ModPerl::PerlRun sets
      this up correctly, and the library loads ok.

      Any hints?

      Thanks,

      Harco

      --
      Harco de Hilster AT Consultancy Phone: +31(0)24-3527282