asp on linux

  • tamer amr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2005
      hi can i host asp pages on apache web server on linux

      --- apache-asp@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. mod_perl error when using apache asp
      > From: James Dennis
      > <james.dennis@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:17:34 -0400
      > From: James Dennis <james.dennis@...>
      > Subject: mod_perl error when using apache asp
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > Every now and again I get this error on requests:
      >
      > [error] lookup of 'Apache::ASP::handler' failed
      >
      > Before updating to mod_perl 2.00 I would sometimes
      > receive "not a CODE
      > reference.".
      >
      > This is inconsistant between requests and an apache
      > restart normally fixes it.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks.

      > For additional commands, e-mail:
      > asp-help@...

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Christopher Hicks
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2005
        On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, tamer amr wrote:
        > hi can i host asp pages on apache web server on linux

        If you're migrating pages written on Windows/IIS they're probably using
        VBScript instead of Perl for the scripting so Apache::ASP won't help you
        without migrating your code. Doing so would be a good idea since Linux is
        a much more secure, robust, and effecient system than Windows, but its
        certainly a nontrivial undertaking.

        --
        </chris>

        -Ed Howdershelt (Author)