Re: Application Variable not getting created

  • Sangeeth V S
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2005
      Hi,

      Thanks very much for trying to help me out! I really appreciate it.

      > - is global.asa really been executed? Test it with a "print" or "die" in
      it

      > - if ok, try to add a "Script_OnStart" Handler, that calls
      > Session_OnStart() to enshure,
      > that it is called at each page reload..

      I think global.asa is being executed. Few session variables are being
      created in Session_OnStart. I printed the session variables and these are
      being created. Isn't that enough to confirm that global.asa is getting
      executed?

      > Question: In your httpd.conf you set several Perl Variables twice - e.g.
      > Global -
      > Is there a special reason for you to do this outside of the "<Files ~
      > (\.asp)>" - scope ?
      >
      > If not, "unify" theese entries an place it inside the <Files > scope.

      I really didn't know why it was set like that. I am migrating this
      application to a new server. So I just copied the exact settings in the
      current server to the new server. I was also very confused in seeing these
      settings. But there's no documentation for this application and no one to
      ask regarding this.

      Thanks,
      Sangeeth