Apache feature NO-private IP

  • julien4_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 8:59 AM
      I have a server running Apache.
      I know how to web host and assigning
      virtual host space too. But I need to know
      how to generate NO-Private IP with Apache.
      I was told by a friend that Apache has that
      feature but I can't find on the web any good
      link explaining how. I would I appreciate if
      somebody could tell me how.

      Thanks for your time,

      Julien.

    • Helmut Zeilinger
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5 4:38 AM

        >I have a server running Apache.
        >I know how to web host and assigning
        >virtual host space too. But I need to know
        >how to generate NO-Private IP with Apache.
        >I was told by a friend that Apache has that
        >feature but I can't find on the web any good
        >link explaining how. I would I appreciate if
        >somebody could tell me how.

        May be that helps

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

        (assuming you are using Apache 2).

        Of course you can't "generate" an IP address by Apache..
        you can do this by using the "ip" tool for example ("ip addr add..").

        Helmut