Re: Installing from scratch Apache + mod_perl + Apache::ASP(+maybe others) on unix

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2002
      Cameron Clark wrote:
      > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
      > SetHandler perl-script
      > PerlModule Apache::ASP
      > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      > PerlSetVar Global .
      > PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp
      > </Files>
      >
      > at this point?
      >
      > So I tried that and restart the daemon and the ASP pages I have either show
      > garbled output or return a 500 internal server error... Here's what my log
      > states. Its beginning to look like a permissions thing but I don't know
      > where to take it from here:
      >
      > [Wed Feb 27 03:28:39 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26
      > configured -- resuming normal operations
      > [Wed Feb 27 03:28:39 2002] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
      > /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec)
      > [Wed Feb 27 03:28:39 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
      > [Wed Feb 27 03:28:43 2002] [error] [asp] [30044] [error] can't create group
      > dir /tmp/asp/server: Permission denied, /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6
      > .0/Apache/ASP.pm line 5063
      > [Wed Feb 27 03:28:43 2002] [error] can't open file
      > /tmp/asp/server/internal.lock: Permission denied at
      > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/MLDBM/Sync

      Your <Files> config is the one activated here. Try pointing
      the /tmp/asp to something else, or get rid of the files config
      altogether so the .htaccess can do its bit ( things may not be configured
      right for the .htaccess to work, particularly if there is another
      <Directory> config blocking the location of the examples, which
      is very possible ) ... also you can simply delete /tmp/asp
      and restart the server. The latter may work if someone else on
      the server ( or some other user ) ran and created the /tmp/asp
      directory before the web server user that is running now.

      The <Files> directives will get in the way for sure of
      the examples however, so try to get that .htaccess activated!
      If you get rid of the <Files> block above, you should be confident
      the .htaccess is installed correctly when the basic examples
      pages loads correctly. The above <Files> config would be a good
      start when you are building your first Apache::ASP project,
      as you should not have anything configured that you do not
      know what it is doing.