Re: passing $Request->Params() ?

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 15, 2005
      raptor@... wrote:
      > sorry for not be able to describe it more clearly :")) (not native english speaker)
      > on the first invocation of do_add.asp data is available via $Request->Params()..
      > after that do_add.asp call again add.asp (via redirect or include !!!), now I want to pass this data to the newly
      > called add.asp.. and then again the same4
      > and was wondering does Session is suitable for such thing...:"( 1024 bytes is not a good news

      Sure, you could stuff the $Session with data like:

      use File::Basename qw(basename);
      $Session->{basename($0)} = $Request->Params;

      and access it later the same method. Right on point though with 1024 bytes,
      issue, but default is now MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File which does not have this
      limit, however if you do this alot consider DB_File or GDBM_File for StateDB
      setting which can be faster for larger data sets.

      Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
      so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.

    • raptor
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 15, 2005
        |and access it later the same method. Right on point though with 1024 bytes,
        |issue, but default is now MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File which does not have this
        |limit, however if you do this alot consider DB_File or GDBM_File for StateDB
        |setting which can be faster for larger data sets.
        ]- I have been using Apache::ASP in the past..and have GDBM_File set in apache.conf :"))

        |Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
        |so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.

        |]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
        In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
        the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
        So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
        which is wrong....
        How to solve that...?

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 16, 2005
          ||Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
          ||so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.
          |
          ||]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
          |In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
          |the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
          |So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
          |which is wrong....
          |How to solve that...?

          ]- i've manualy hardcoded my $script_name value to what i want in add.asp and it seems to
          work this way.... In fact what is compiled from ASP.pm is one big script which includes
          all ASP.pm stuff from global.asa isn't it ?

          -----
          http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2004-12-08-004-32-OS-BZ-DT-0005
          snip> MS Office is popular in the same way as heart disease is the most popular way to die.

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 16, 2005
            raptor@... wrote:
            > ||Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
            > ||so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.
            > |
            > ||]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
            > |In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
            > |the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
            > |So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
            > |which is wrong....
            > |How to solve that...?
            >
            > ]- i've manualy hardcoded my $script_name value to what i want in add.asp and it seems to
            > work this way.... In fact what is compiled from ASP.pm is one big script which includes
            > all ASP.pm stuff from global.asa isn't it ?

            No, global.asa is basically loaded as a module, but a module in the same
            namespace as your scripts so you can access subs defined there and such.

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 16, 2005
              raptor wrote:
              > |and access it later the same method. Right on point though with 1024 bytes,
              > |issue, but default is now MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File which does not have this
              > |limit, however if you do this alot consider DB_File or GDBM_File for StateDB
              > |setting which can be faster for larger data sets.
              > ]- I have been using Apache::ASP in the past..and have GDBM_File set in apache.conf :"))
              >
              > |Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
              > |so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.
              >
              > |]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
              > In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
              > the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
              > So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
              > which is wrong....
              > How to solve that...?

              Maybe parse $0 instead of the ServerVariables ?