default script ?

  • raptor
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 1:59 PM
      hi,

      I want to have a default scripts, what I mean. Let say I make the following request :

      http://mysite.com/blah/script.asp

      which normaly will invoke :

      /document/root/blah/script.asp

      What I want instead is :

      if '/document/root/blah/script.asp' does not exist
      then
      if '/document/root/mydefaults/blah/script.asp' exists
      then call the defaults
      else complain that file does not exists
      else go as normal

      Is this possible ? if not where i have to look at ASP.pm so i can make it work ?

      tia

    • Arun pandey
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6 10:11 PM
        I guess one of the ways to solve your issues is to have an error document in
        your apache configuruation
        say something like
        ErrorDocument 404 /trapnotfound.asp

        and in your error document you could put all your document redirection
        logic, and then redirect to the desired / default script accordingly

        Hope this helps ..

        Arun