Re: nested includes revisited, w/workaround

  • ivan-asp@420.am
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
      On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 01:32:04PM -0800, Josh Chamas wrote:
      > ivan-asp@... wrote:
      > >Hi,
      > >
      > >Nested includes don't work as you would expect (well, at least they
      > >don't work as *I* expected :). Given files
      > >
      > >/PATH/A
      > >/PATH/DIR/B
      > >/PATH/DIR/C
      > >

      > I believe your goal really is to really refactor includes elsewhere,

      No, that's not my goal, that's a way of avoiding the problem. I'm happy
      with my directory structure. I'm aware of the available workarounds and
      my post even included one.

      The problem is the "action-at-a-distance" when using nested includes,
      in which includes behave differently depending on where they're called
      from.

      > I think really refactoring of these includes should put them into a path
      > not browsable from the web, so should be ideally outside your main script
      > area, not under it.

      This doesn't work for me as I don't have this clear distinction between
      "includes" and "top-level pages browseable from the web".

      --
      _ivan
      Open-source billing, ticketing and provisioning