Re: Cross-over between sessions

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2004
      Patrick Conroy wrote:
      >>You want
      >>
      >> my ($histtype, $dsc, $contactid, $usrid, $dbh) = @_;
      >>
      >>here.
      >

      > Ok, I'll make this change. Could the way I had this cause the
      > variables to be shared across different calls to this sub?

      Seems possible, not sure what effect (my $this, my $that) = @_
      would have and have never seen it done before.

      > Calls to this sub are made like so:
      > history(1, "Test History", $Session->{contactid}, $Session->{usrid}, $dbh);

      This should work fine as long as the variables are scoped correctly,
      you should not run into the my closure issues you have been experiencing.

      Try also using UseStrict mode and see if it picks up any other problems.