Rehash of XML (taglib) processing order

  • Thomas Simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2004
      I read a number of older emails that suggest (or at least talk about)
      a change (or addition) to the XMLSubs processing that would produce
      something more like JSP: the order in which nested tags are processed
      particularly in respect to nesting.

      I was wondering what ever happened to that conversation? I never read
      where any resolution was reached. I think the addition of this model
      and a few other features would add significant functionality.

      To make sure I'm clear, I am interested in:

      <foo>
      <blah>
      </blah>
      </foo>

      ... where <blah> is processed first, and foo comes next.

      The use of scoped variables for scripting (as with JSP) would help out
      a good deal. If <foo> defined a variable, <blah> would be able to use
      the variable and so forth.

      -Thomas Simpson