Re: Novice question.

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
      mmorrell5 wrote:
      > This may be a dumb question....
      >
      > Is there any way to use TrapInclude outside of Apache? I would like
      > to use TrapInclude in a standalone script to create a html doc that
      > can be mailed. I would like to leverage what is already in some of my
      > Apache::ASP pages.
      >
      > Thanks for any help!!

      Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

      Please check out http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html#Standalone%20Cbddd74cc
      which tells you about the asp-perl script which provides the ability
      to execute an ASP script outside a web server context.

      From some calling process then, you could do something like:

      my $output = `asp-perl -b some_file.asp`;

      and assuming asp-perl was installed in your PATH, then this should
      work correctly.

      Also, try "perldoc asp-perl" for more information.